How To Apply For Federal Government (FG) BEA Scholarship For 2019:All the eligible programmes for the scholarship awards are below: i) Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Ukraine, Japan, and ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c. NOTE: BEA PROCESSING DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!’ All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website here now to apply.
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form
- Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled
FIELDS OF STUDY:
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY IN 2019 BEA SCHOLARSHIP
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2017 & 2018). Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: stipenumhungaricum.hu when the dates are out to complete their application.
- Print the completed form and bring to the venue in addition to 2.0 above.
BEA SCHOLARSHIP VALUEThe Total scholarship value is scheduled as follows: Any of the above countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation. While the Nigerian government takes care of the following; • $500 monthly for supplementation. • $250 yearly for warm clothing. • $200 yearly for Health Insurance. • $500 yearly for medical scholars only. • $1000 for PG research grant yearly were applicable. • N100 000 – Take off for PG scholars were applicable • N60 000 – Take off for UG scholars were applicable.
VENUE OF INTERVIEWAll eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June;
- Two copies of Birth certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) colourede passport sized photographs on white background; and
- Postgraduate applicants will be required to submit Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates.
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport,;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government Hospitals; and
- Police clearance certificate where
Read Also: Ongoing scholarships right nowNigerian Campus Forum Team.