MTN Scholarship Application
If you have ever wondered why MTN delayed before announcing the application for their annual scholarship scheme, then you are not alone. So many students have asked me the question, when will MTN scholarship application for 2018 begin? The good news is that MTN foundation scholarship application will hold in 2018 and you can apply when announced. A maximum of 500 qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students studying science and technology related courses are awarded the scholarship which covers tuition, book allowance and stipends. The scholarship is renewed every year until graduation for existing awardees provided they have maintained a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit) while new applications, when advertised, are welcome from full time students in their second year of study. Now, you may be asking, “who is really eligible for MTN scholarship 2018”? You are not far from the answer. Eligibility For MTN Foundation Scholarship Application 2018/2019 The students must be in their third year at the time of application, ie they must be of in 300L now admission set.]]>
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd year.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 300 level/3rd year in a public University
Field/Area Of StudyOnly applications from students studying one of the under listed courses will be considered: • Accountancy/Accounting • Agric. Extension and Rural Development • Agricultural Science • Agronomy • Animal Breeding and Genetics • Animal Nutrition • Animal Production and Health • Aquaculture and Fisheries Management • Applied Physics • Architecture • Chemical Engineering • Civil Engineering • Computer and Electronics • Computer and Information Science • Computer and Mathematics • Computer Engineering • Computer Science • Electrical Engineering • Electrical/Electronic Engineering • Electronics and Computer Technology • Electronics Engineering • Engineering Physics • Industrial Mathematics • Industrial Physics • Information Technology • Mathematics • Mechanical Engineering • Metallurgical and Materials Engineering • Petroleum and Gas Engineering • Physics Electronics • Geophysics • Physics/ Computational Modeling • Pure/ Applied Physics • Statistics • Statistics and Computer Science • System Engineering and more. Applicants details will be verified and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
- Valid Student ID card
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study.
- Admission letter for the HND programmes (For Polytechnic students only).