Sale of Application Forms For Admission into ABU Basic and Remedial Studies Programmes 2018/2019 Session.
The management of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria wishes to inform all prospective candidates that the sale of admission forms into the School of Basic and Remedial Studies, Funtua for 2018/2019 Academic Session has commenced. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS (a) Basic Studies Programme: i. Candidates for this programme must possess a minimum of five (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics in not more than two sittings with any of the following subject combinations: BS1: Biology, Chemistry, Physics; BS2: Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics; BS3: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics; BS4: Chemistry, Geography, Physics; BS5: Mathematics, Geography, Physics. ii. Candidates admitted for the Basic Studies Programme are also expected to register for 2018 JAMB Direct Admission. iii. The duration of the Basic Studies Programme is twelve (12) months only. (b) Remedial Studies Programme: i. Candidates for this programme must possess at least three (3) credits in science subjects (in not more than one sitting) with any of the under listed subject combinations and any two passes at ‘O’ level in the other subjects offered in the school. RS1: Biology, Chemistry, Geography; RS2: Biology, Chemistry, Physics; RS3: Biology, Geography, Physics; RS4: Chemistry, Geography, Physics. ii. Candidates admitted for the Remedial Studies must register and pass at credit level the SSCE or NECO in the subjects they are deficient. iii. Candidates must also register for the 2019/2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtain the minimum pass mark approved by the Federal Government and must choose Ahmadu Bello University as first choice. iv. The duration of the Remedial Studies Programme is twelve (12) months only. METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Interested applicants are to go to any of the following designated Banks nationwide to obtain an “E-Transaction Pin” in order to apply.
- You are to pay the sum of N 5, 000 at any of the following Banks viz: ABU Micro Finance Bank, First Bank, Unity Bank, UBA Bank and Zenith Bank for your “E – Transaction Pin” which the Bank will generate and print for you.
- Visit: www.sbrsabu.org website and click on the “Application” link from the Menu.
- A pop up dialogue box will open for you, requesting your “Teller Number” and “E-Transaction Pin” for validation.
- Complete the form as required. Note: Uploading your picture (120px x 120px and 40kb) is required.
- After completing the form, a print preview page will be displayed for you to print. Simply click on the “Print” button to print your form. Print at least 2 copies for your perusal.
- You are to print your “Pre-Entrance Exam Card” in two (2) copies from the website also.
- You may wish to “reprint” or “edit” your submitted form, by visiting the “Application” link again.
- Payment teller from the bank
- Printed Pin Voucher
- Printed completed online application form & Exams Card
- Writing materials (i.e. HB Pencil and Eraser) and non-programmable calculator
- No GSM Phone would be allowed into the exam Hall.